emma's thing is an observational humor and lifestyle blog written by me, Emma. I'm a 30something from Dallas, Texas who does lines of anxiety for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
I've been told I have a knack for saying/writing what most everyone is thinking but has too much self-awareness to actually say out loud. I'm a writer first; everything else (the fashion, the food, the beauty tips, the everything) comes second (although, admittedly, I love that stuff almost as much as I love writing).
Life gives us a lot to commiserate on, so I do what any shameless person who's an open book to a fault would — lament about it on a public forum to thousands of readers (both friends and strangers) where it will live forever.
Basically, the bottom line is
IF I CAN MAKE one person SAY "OMG. SAME!" AT LEAST ONCE A DAY, I'VE DONE WHAT I CAME TO DO.
During the day, I'm the head copywriter for Match.com and its affiliate websites, but the nighttime is a whole other scene. I've been around the Internet block, writing for The Every Girl, Bravo television on Buzzfeed, Elite Daily, Thought Catalog, Hello Giggles, Express's blog, and even had a piece printed in Cosmopolitan magazine (South Africa). I also ghostwrote for acclaimed fashion blogger, Fashion Jackson, for several years.
We've already covered the basics — 30/Yes please!/Dallas — but in case you're jonesing for more info on yah gurl, here's an in-depth interview I gave Full-Time Friends' blog plus some other little nuggets:
• I'm a white Jewish girl but often mistaken for the Latina, Grecian, Middle Eastern, and even mixed persuasion. Because of this, I often refer to myself as "the token racially ambiguous girl."
• My last meal would be a Chipotle burrito, and I'm sorry if that disappoints you.
• I went to the University of Kansas and graduated in 2009 with a Journalism degree (and a minor in film, which hasn't come in handy whatsoever save for being able to throw out a few impressive throwback movie titles here and there).
• I've been paying rent via copywriting for the last five years but have been blogging for the last eight.
• My daughter's name is Cece and she's a 5-year-old Cavapoo (Cavalier Kings Charles + Poodle = best breed ever).
• I workout regularly and swear by Kayla Itsines' Bikini Body Guide.
• I cuss. A lot.
• Hip hop calms me.
WAYS TO GET IN TOUCH:
You can email me (email@example.com).
You can watch my YouTube videos.
You can Facebook me.
You can Instagram-stalk me.
You can DM me on Twitter, but who actually does that?
You can look around my "professional" site (it's Tumblr. I did what I could).
Whichever way you choose, I look forward to hearing from you.