Butternut Squash Tacos with Black Beans
You don't have to be vegan to find these delicious as all hell. So flavorful and very simple to make! Don't skip out on that avocado crema — it adds a bit of freshness to an otherwise flavor-forward dish.
Butternut Squash Tacos with Black Beans by Avocado Pesto
- 3 cups diced butternut squash
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo, diced (for non spicy version omit chipotle peppers, or only use 1/2 of 1 pepper)
- 1/3 cup diced red onions
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- handful cilantro, diced
- 6-8 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- In a bowl toss together squash, 1 tablespoon olive oil, paprika and salt. Bake in preheated oven on aluminum foil lined baking sheet for 20-25 minutes or until soft.
- Heat pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add red onions and chipotle peppers. Cook for a couple mins and add the black beans. Add cumin and salt. Cook for a few minutes, mixing occasionally.
- In a blender or food processor combine avocado, lime juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Blend until smooth. Add salt to taste.
- Heat corn tortillas on skillet for 10-20 seconds per side.
- Top tortillas with squash, black beans, avocado crema, squeeze of lime juice and cilantro.