Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet
This is an incredibly delicious, easy, and hearty weeknight dish. It literally only requires one skillet, a few healthy ingredients, and self-control because you're going to want to eat it all in one sitting. Borrowing-chef's note: DON'T SKIP THE MOZZARELLA. Not like you would anyway because you're not a psycho, but it's an imperative part of this dish.
Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet by Primavera Kitchen
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lbs extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup onions, diced
- ½ cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1 ½ cup sweet potato, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A pinch of red chili flakes
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh parsley for garnishing
- In an iron cast skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add ground turkey and garlic. Use a wood spoon breaking up the turkey while it cooks. Stir occasionally and cook for about 7 minutes.
- Add onions and yellow peppers and cook until onions are gold brown.
- Add the sweet potato, chili pepper, salt and pepper.
- Cover the skillet and cook until they are tender. Don’t forget to stir occasionally. If necessary, add more olive oil or a little bit of water to cook faster the sweet potato.
- While the sweet potato is cooking pre-heat the oven to 400º
- When the sweet potato is tender, add shredded mozzarella cheese and bring the skillet to the oven to melt the cheese* (see note below).
- When the cheese melts, remove from the oven and garnish with parsley.
* You can just put the lid on the skillet for 5 minutes. The cheese will melt.
You can keep this recipe in the fridge for up 6 days.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: Yield: 4, Serving Size: 1/4 Amount Per Serving: Calories: 24 Total Fat: 15.8 Cholesterol: 38.7mg Carbohydrates: 15.8 Sugar: 3.5 Protein: 11.1g