Pork and Green Bean Stir Fry with Sweet Potato Fried Rice
This is my new favorite dish to make at home. For real. It's super low maintenence, so yummy, and keeps well if you want leftovers to eat up through the week. I love this meal SO MUCH — that's really all there is to say.
Pork and Green Bean Stir Fry with Sweet Potato Fried Rice by Inspiralized
For the sweet potato rice:
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled, Blade D
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
For the pork and beans:
- ¾ - 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey (or 1 teaspoon coconut sugar)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut crosswise into 2” pieces
- Prepare the rice. Place the sweet potato noodles into a food processor and pulse until rice-like and set aside. Heat the coconut oil up in a large skillet. Once shimmering, add the onions and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the sweet potato rice, season with pepper, and stir until sweet potato is no longer crunchy, about 5 minutes. Push the rice to the sides to create a cavity in the center to drop the eggs in. Stir the eggs and let cook until scrambled and then combine with the rice. Drizzle with the soy sauce, stir well to combine, and set the rice aside and cover to keep warm.
- Prep your pork. Cut the pork diagonally into 1/4-inch thick slices and then cut each slice lengthwise in half. Season with salt. In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, vinegar, and honey and set the sauce aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Once oil is shimmering, add the ginger, garlic, pepper flakes, and pork. Cook, stirring, until pork is no longer pink, 5-7 minutes.
- While pork cooks, cook the green beans in a medium pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Once pork is done cooking, add the green beans to the skillet with the pork and reserved sauce and cook over high heat, stirring often, until beans absorb the sauce, about 2 minutes.
- Divide the sweet potato rice into bowls and top with the pork and green beans. Serve immediately.