Two-Hour Crockpot Beef and Broccoli
The luxury of available, authentic Chinese takeout has died, which is why finding this easy, delicious, ready-in-two-hours Beef and Broccoli recipe really lifted my spirits this weekend. I followed the directions to a T, made me some jasmine rice on the side, and had dinner for the next several nights. Note: It calls for oyster sauce which is the same thing as Soyaki Sauce which can be found at Trader Joe's! Yay.
Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli by Damn Delicious
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- In a medium bowl, whisk together beef broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, sesame oil and garlic.
- Place beef into a 6-qt slow cooker. Add sauce mixture and gently toss to combine. Cover and cook on low heat for 90 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup water and cornstarch.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture and broccoli into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.