Chicken, Lime, & Avocado Salad
If you like chicken salad but also like lime, cilantro, and avocado flavors, then this is the chicken salad for you! This recipe is simple as can be and so delicious. Note: I sub the mayo for vegan mayo because regular mayo is foul, and I (obviously) use the pre-cooked Just Chicken by Trader Joe's (which I discuss in my Trader Joe's Must-Have video). ENJOY!
Chicken, Lime, & Avocado Salad by Kalyn's Kitchen
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded into large pieces
- 2 medium avocados, diced
- 1 T + 1 T fresh squeezed lime juice
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro (or chop it more coarsely if you prefer)
- 2 T mayo of your choice
- Shred the chicken apart until you have 2 cups of chicken shredded into fairly large chunks.
- Dice the avocados into medium-sized pieces, mix with 1 T of the lime juice, and season avocado with salt to taste.
- Thinly slice the green onion and finely chop the cilantro.
- Mix mayo and 1 T lime juice to make the dressing
- Put the chicken into a bowl large enough to hold all the salad ingredients. Add the sliced green onions and dressing and toss until all the chicken is coated with dressing. Add the avocado and any lime juice in the bottom of the bowl and gently combine with the chicken. Then add the chopped cilantro and gently mix into the salad, just until it is barely combined.
- Serve right away or chill for a while before serving. This could be served inside pita bread or sandwich bread, or inside crisp lettuce cups or just eaten as salad.