Garlic Lime Zoodles with Cashews and Chicken
The best thing about this dish (besides the actual flavors) is that it literally takes 15 minutes to make. It is so simple and so fast, which makes it perfect to throw together during a weeknight. The original recipe doesn't call for chicken, so I took creative liberty and added it in since veggies and nuts are nice but not filling enough for a gal like me. And, better yet? I buy a package of Just Chicken from Trader Joe's to make adding protein even easier.
This makes about two servings and keeps very well in the fridge for two days or so. ENJOY!
Garlic Lime Zoodles with Cashews and Chicken by Salt and Lavender
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 heaping tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sriracha sauce (or more if you like it spicy!)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Spiralize the carrots on the thinnest setting, and spiralize the zucchini on the medium setting. Set aside.
- Add the peanut butter, hoisin sauce, sriracha sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, and garlic to a skillet on medium-high heat. Stirring constantly, cook it for about 2 minutes or until the garlic has just started to cook.
- Add the cashews, zucchini, carrots, and chicken. Using tongs or two large spoons, gently toss/lift up the pan contents every 10-20 seconds or so for about 4-5 minutes until everything is lightly cooked and heated through. The zucchini will release some liquid, which will help to make a nice sauce. When it's almost ready, add the cilantro in and toss. Serve immediately.