Lemon Roasted Salmon (with Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli)
I love chicken, red meat, and ground turkey as much as the next carnivore, but I also know how much better fish is for you. Therefore, I'm trying real hard to incorporate more sea life into my weeknight meals. Of course, salmon is my go-to and I was told this week that the only good kinda of salmon to eat is wild caught salmon. Of course it is. CAN I JUST EAT HEALTHY WITHOUT HAVING TO GO TO THE ENDS OF THE FUCKING EARTH TO DO SO?
Anyway. I get my salmon at Trader Joe's, so that's that. Here's the DELICIOUS lemon recipe I made this week. So freaking easy.
Lemon Roasted Salmon (with Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli) by Little Spice Jar
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
- sea salt + fresh black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- a few tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 cups of broccolini (or broccoli florets)
- 12 ounces of wild-caught salmon filets
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes and/or fresh thyme (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Arrange the diced sweet potatoes on one sheet pan and the broccolini on another sheet pan. Drizzle both with olive oil. Top the sweet potatoes with salt, pepper, and cumin, toss to combine. Toss the broccolini with the salt and pepper. Bake the sweet potatoes for 15 minutes, set broccolini aside.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, prepare the salmon. In a small bowl, combine the butter, lemon juice, garlic powder, pepper flakes, thyme, salt and pepper. Heat in the microwave for 15 seconds or until the butter melts. Line a small baking sheet with foil, spray with cooking spray. Place the salmon filets on top. Drizzle with the prepared lemon sauce.
- When the timer on the potatoes goes off, remove and toss. Place back in the oven along with the broccolini and salmon for 12-15 minutes. Check on the salmon and broccolini around the 8 minute mark. I like my broccolini extra crunchy so I only cooked it until it was bright green. Salmon is done when firm to the touch. Baking time will vary depending on the thickness of the filet.
- EAT UP.